Recent DSL Problem -Can't Connect to Certain Websites?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by mark069 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:36 am
Until this past weekend my Sonic DSL Pro worked very well with no speed problems or connection issues.

Yesterday, I started having difficulty connecting to certain websites such as adobe.com where I was trying to install the latest flash player. When I try to connect to adobe.com or cnet.com or hulu.com (to name a few), the browser will just give an endless busy icon indicating that the browser is trying to establish a connection. I am using internet explorer primarily but it also happens with firefox.

I checked the speed and it looks good:
Download Speed: 2577 kbps (322.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 432 kbps (54 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 33 ms
Saturday, January 07, 2012 9:41:37 AM

And for certain websites (like this one) surfing is no problem. Any ideas on what this might be caused by?
by mark069 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:14 pm
I just talked to customer support and apparently there is a systemwide problem causing this issue. The problem started about midnight on Friday January 6.
by dane » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:41 pm
Is this perhaps related to sites who have their DNS hosted with EasyDNS, which is currently struggling to mitigate a denial of service attack?

http://blog.easydns.org/2012/01/07/dns- ... on-issues/

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
3 posts Page 1 of 1