Looking for fiber contact

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
12 posts Page 1 of 2
by Guest » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:40 pm
Hi,

I'm looking for a contact email or phone number to discuss the possibility of fiber installation for several HOAs in San Rafael near Civic Center drive. I am aware that fiber has been run along this street and two large lit office buildings are less than 100 feet from at least two of the communities. My HOA is specifically interested in talking to Sonic to bring gigabit internet into our community and potentially those other communities might be interested as well.

If someone from Sonic would post a number to call, I would appreciate it. I am not currently a Sonic customer, and therefore do not want to post my personal contact information here.

Sincerely,

GK
by virtualmike » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:12 pm
Bottom right cell on https://www.sonic.com/support
by Guest » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:26 pm
Would be wonderful if that was true. I called sales and they requested I post to the forums for the CEO to see.

GK
by virtualmike » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:29 pm
I'm sure the CEO will be happy to see THAT.
by dane » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:23 am
Guest wrote:Hi,

I'm looking for a contact email or phone number to discuss the possibility of fiber installation for several HOAs in San Rafael near Civic Center drive. I am aware that fiber has been run along this street and two large lit office buildings are less than 100 feet from at least two of the communities. My HOA is specifically interested in talking to Sonic to bring gigabit internet into our community and potentially those other communities might be interested as well.

If someone from Sonic would post a number to call, I would appreciate it. I am not currently a Sonic customer, and therefore do not want to post my personal contact information here.

Sincerely,

GK
Thanks GK for the interest.

Projects to deliver fiber need to be large, in order to achieve reasonable economics. This means partial or complete city-scale, typically 2,500 to 25,000 homes in a project. We are working to determine where we build next, as our Brentwood, Sebastopol and San Francisco current projects wrap up, and we're not yet ready to announce, but work is certainly underway on next markets and expansions!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Guest » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:14 pm
Thank you for the reply.

We will then look elsewhere for connectivity and services.

Appreciate the time.

GK
by Ashur » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:19 pm
I live in Brentwood, where the neighborhood literally over a fence behind me has fiber from Sonic.
We are a gated community called Apple Hill Estates. Is there a request form I can give to my HOA to have the network expanded into our community? It seems we are surrounded by fiber on the FCC map. I can rally the homeowners to the cause but I need a contact to see if we are even on the road-map for fiber in Brentwood.
by dane » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:56 am
Ashur wrote:I live in Brentwood, where the neighborhood literally over a fence behind me has fiber from Sonic.
We are a gated community called Apple Hill Estates. Is there a request form I can give to my HOA to have the network expanded into our community? It seems we are surrounded by fiber on the FCC map. I can rally the homeowners to the cause but I need a contact to see if we are even on the road-map for fiber in Brentwood.
What was the year that the homes in the development were constructed? In Brentwood, homes built after roughly 1999 have conduit for fiber to each home.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Ashur » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:46 am
I believe most of the homes in the Apple Hill Estates were built around 1996.
by dane » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:25 pm
Ashur wrote:I believe most of the homes in the Apple Hill Estates were built around 1996.
In that case, the development would have been built without conduit for fiber. So, not an easy path.

With an HOA though, it's possible we could do a bulk arrangement that'd allow for deployment, if the majority wanted it. Generally these are at $40 per month per household, billed via the HOA who collects that fee in their dues. Regarding viability, size of the development can be a factor; it often won't work at a small scale. The ownership/responsibility for the roads and thus permitting entity can also create barriers. But if there is appetite from the majority of the HOA leadership, and those other barriers can be surmounted, it may be possible.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
12 posts Page 1 of 2