2Wire 2701HG-B for Fusion

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by Hau » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:24 pm
I am preparing to switch to Fusion from AT&T as soon as possible but want to make sure I have the right equipment. Does anyone know if the AT&T 2Wire 2701HG-B will work? I am currently using it for AT&T basic high speed internet and not the U-Verse. According to 2Wire site, the 2701HG should be ADSL2+. Is anyone currently using it for Fusion?

Also, I understand the phone will automatically switch to Sonic. Does that also apply to the dsl or will I need to call AT&T to cancel? If it's automatic, how soon does it take place?
by clairet » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:49 pm
2Wire modems almost always work fine for Fusion. The splitters that they come with though cause nothing but problems so if you are using one, you should probably remove it. Also, the filters it comes with are not ADSL2+ compatible so you may have more noise on your line than if you get ADSL2+ filters. Some people have no trouble using the older filters while some do.

About your AT&T DSL, as soon as your Fusion service is active, your account with AT&T will be canceled. The phone and the DSL portion usually activate about the same time (the service itself takes 3-7 business days). It never hurts to call them and make sure that they removed you from their billing. You will lose connectivity though because your 2Wire will require a configuration change to work with Fusion. If you are familiar with logging into the 2Wire and changing the settings, the only thing you need to do is change from PPPoE to Direct IP (DHCP or Static).
Claire T.
Sonic.net Technical Support
by Hau » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:21 pm
Fusion just became active and the 2Wire 2701HG-B does work with burrowing using the following code for DHCP: 5225-26Q4-2262-22AS-B28F

There was about a hour and a half outage. I believe this was when the switch was being made from my AT&T connection to Fusion.

The router is reporting 3741kbps down and 1008 up at 8745 feet from C/O. With AT&T, I was paying $20 for 768 down and 384 up.

I am already a happy Fusion user!!
by clairet » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:32 am
Glad to hear it worked out! That's definitely a big speed increase. Now may be a good time to try out Netflix. :D
Claire T.
Sonic.net Technical Support
4 posts Page 1 of 1