IPv6 for the Pace 5268AC

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
37 posts Page 1 of 4
by adame » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:51 pm
IPv6RD is now ready to be enabled for customers renting the Pace 5268AC from Sonic, running the latest version of firmware!
  • To enable 6RD, surf to the 6RD Member Tool at https://members.sonic.net/connections/fusion/ipv6/ and click "Enable."
  • To be eligible, you must be running the 10.5.4.527153 firmware version. We attempted to upgrade all customers to this firmware version. Some upgrades, however, may have failed if the modem was rebooted between the time we scheduled your modem's upgrade and the actual maintenance window.
  • If your 5268AC is not on the latest firmware, reply to this thread. I'll be happy to manually issue the upgrade.
  • 6RD support is only available for Fusion DSL customers at this time.
  • This was the penultimate step to supporting 6RD for the 5168. We will be starting to upgrade customers with the 5168 to this same firmware version on Monday. After this point, they will have 6RD support as well.
Please check it out, and let me know if you have any questions!
Adam Martinetti
Customer Experience Manager
Sonic.
by holmad » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:48 pm
Howdy, I'm a new Sonic Fusion DSL customer and found my 5268AC is also running an older firmware "10.5.4.527105-sonic". I'd like to try the IPv6RD service; would you be able to push the firmware update to my router as well?

Thank you,
David
by holmad » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:50 pm
ps: I don't mind if the few settings I changed in the router need to get zapped in a firmware update.
by adame » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:54 pm
holmad wrote:Howdy, I'm a new Sonic Fusion DSL customer and found my 5268AC is also running an older firmware "10.5.4.527105-sonic". I'd like to try the IPv6RD service; would you be able to push the firmware update to my router as well?

Thank you,
David
Hi David,

I've pushed the firmware to your router. All your settings should remain in tact.
Adam Martinetti
Sonic.
by gwj » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:48 pm
My modem is also running 10.5.4.527105-sonic, Can I get it updated?

Thank you,
Greg
by adame » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:28 pm
gwj wrote:My modem is also running 10.5.4.527105-sonic, Can I get it updated?

Thank you,
Greg
It looks like the automated upgrade attempts for your modem have been failing. I tried manually pushing the upgrade, but I expect that to fail as well. The best way to reset your device to fix this is to perform a hard reset, which wipes your device settings. This will include any custom wireless settings, port forwarding, etc you may have set up. You can perform the hard reset by holding down the red reset button on the back of the modem until the power light turns from green to red back to green. If you let me know when that's done, I can re-send the firmware update.

I'd be happy to walk you through the reset and restoring any necessary settings as well over the phone, if you'd prefer.
Adam Martinetti
Sonic.
by gwj » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:15 am
It actually seems to have worked last night. Oddly I can't seem to connect to my machine at home at the moment. I'm not sure if the firewall settings need to be changed. I'll have a look when I get home tonight.

Thanks for the help,

Greg
by pensaoffice » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:21 pm
I would like to enable 6rd but my 5268ac is running the older sw version. Can you upgrade mine? Thanks, Kevin
by adame » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:28 pm
pensaoffice wrote:I would like to enable 6rd but my 5268ac is running the older sw version. Can you upgrade mine? Thanks, Kevin
Happy to! It should be pushing the firmware update as we speak. Welcome to Sonic!
Adam Martinetti
Sonic.
by pensaoffice » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:47 pm
Thanks. All upgraded. I will use the tool for 6rd.
37 posts Page 1 of 4