IPv6 for the Pace 5268AC

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
37 posts Page 3 of 4
by dustindolin » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:10 am
Hello my pace 5268ac is running version 10.5.3.527171-att. IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET UPGRADED TO THE NEWER SONIC VERSION PLEASE??????
by dane » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:29 pm
dustindolin wrote:Hello my pace 5268ac is running version 10.5.3.527171-att. IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET UPGRADED TO THE NEWER SONIC VERSION PLEASE??????
Is that a Sonic modem or an AT&T modem? If the latter, it'd be managed by AT&T, and won't work with Sonic IPv6.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by dustindolin » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:21 am
I would think it was a sonic modem since Sonic is who I ORDERED SERVICE THROUGH because AT&T wouldn't offer the speeds I needed nor the features. Which is why I stopped my service thru them or so I thought. This service has been a fight from day one when a AT&T TECH showed up and didn't even complete the install, Since which I've had two Tech's dispatched then a line maintenance tech from their special operations Department. The line maintenance Tech finally fixed the wiring issues and even helped to isolate the problem down to this modem. Which I've been trying to get replaced but support just dropped this ticket. So I'm sorry I'm desperately looking for a solution which is either firmware or hardware.
Problems shown here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6yFFG ... p=drivesdk
by james2014 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:03 am
May I please have the new update for firmware
by holmad » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:43 pm
Hello again!

Back on Jan 29, 2016, we successfully updated my Pace 5268AC router to 6rd through this forum page. :)

However, a recent firmware was pushed to the router for some sort of wireless connectivity tweaks (though I disable wireless on my router since I have my own AP's), and now the router only says "IPv6 Lan Status: Disabled", and the https://members.sonic.net/connections/fusion/ipv6/ page states: "We're sorry, but we were unable to find a supported managed IPv6 capable modem associated with this service address. If you are currently renting a modem and believe this to be in error, please contact Support"

Is there a current firmware available that supports IPv6? (whether via 6rd, or tunnel, or other ritual sacrifice?) ;)

The current software on the modem is "10.5.4.527511-sonic".

Thank you very very much,
David
by hanscath » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:08 am
Hi, I have a similar issue as the previous poster. I'd like to give IPv6rd a try, but my Pace 5268AC is running the newer 10.5.4.527511-sonic version, and the Fusion IPV6 Configuration page says to contact support. Thanks.
by landau.dan » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:26 am
Hi,

I seem to have the exact same problem :
my ATT Pace5328 AX with build 10.5.3.527171-att does not show the options to enable Routing / RFC1483 Bridged-Ethernet / DHCP.

Would anyone know how to update the firwmare to Sonic's ? or how to obtain an IP address using NAT or a Cascaded wifi router behind the modem ?
by holmad » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:16 am
@landau.dan - looks like your issue is with at&t supplied firmware and a different router model... whereas this thread is about IPv6 for the Pace 5268AC. :)

@hanscath - I still have not heard a reply from Sonic regarding our issue. Have you? (But then again, I've been too distracted to fix it myself with a different router configuration... ah well...)
by miken » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:54 am
IPv6 should be working on the current 5268AC firmware. I tested in office and found that after the firmware update, the modem had to be in sync for 24-48 hours before I could enable IPv6. Have you tried again recently?
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by gmuscarella » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:07 pm
I have the same issue. Sonic issued 5258AC but no IPv6. Reset the router and it's been synced for 3 days since then but still no IPv6.

Any other thoughts on how to enable IPv6 from anyone?

Greg
37 posts Page 3 of 4