Fiber in Sebastopol

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
11 posts Page 1 of 2
by deepnet » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:40 am
Any update on this project? Is Florence Ave done?
Devin Baskin
Owner
DeepNet Computer Consulting
IT For Your Business!
www.DeepNet.com
by dane » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:34 pm
Yes, Florence is built, other residential zones nearby are coming along.

I know your interest is in your commercial location downtown, and we don't have any plans there yet, sorry!

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by deepnet » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:49 pm
What about Anthony St. that is on the stage 3 list right?
Devin Baskin
Owner
DeepNet Computer Consulting
IT For Your Business!
www.DeepNet.com
by dane » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:04 pm
Yes, I believe it is.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Steve Dillin » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:49 pm
If I had $5 for every time you have been asked this ........ I have not heard about the staged rollout of the Sebastopol
fiber in a while. The May map is still up and unchanged. We are in the yellow .... mustard area which is not included in the legend of colors. Is there an update. We are getting 9-10 mbps from Sonic fusion and we used to have the evil Comcast at 35. Dreaming of fiber in Sebastopol.
by dane » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:30 pm
We are working to complete the build in the mapped areas. No plans at this time for the yellow regions, most of which are served by underground utilities instead of overhead pole lines.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Michael Slater » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:02 am
About to move to Valentine Ave., and am excited to see that I'm in the desirable "purple zone". Any idea how long the wait will be to turn these areas on?
by dane » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:37 pm
Michael Slater wrote:About to move to Valentine Ave., and am excited to see that I'm in the desirable "purple zone". Any idea how long the wait will be to turn these areas on?
No, I don't have a projection at this time, sorry.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by dillin2 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:53 am
Steve Dillin wrote:Hi, What the hell? If you are not building out the Sebastopol fiber just say so and I will quit asking every year. I like Sonic, a lot. I have referred customers to you dozens of times especially with the promise of fiber to the house. Your support is unmatched. So ...... why can't I get an answer? We are not underground and our poles are heavy with the evil Comcast fiber.
No longer patient in Sebastopol

If I had $5 for every time you have been asked this ........ I have not heard about the staged rollout of the Sebastopol
fiber in a while. The May map is still up and unchanged. We are in the yellow .... mustard area which is not included in the legend of colors. Is there an update. We are getting 9-10 mbps from Sonic fusion and we used to have the evil Comcast at 35. Dreaming of fiber in Sebastopol.
by dane » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:13 am
We have two issues in Sebastopol: a lot of fiber is hung which is not active for orders yet because we are waiting on a new customer premise router solution which will support full Gigabit as well as voice -- and a lot of new construction is mostly engineered and ready for construction, but hasn't been completed. I'd expect both of these conditions to pass in the first half of next year, and we'll (finally) deliver to the larger footprint.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
11 posts Page 1 of 2