OpenVPN Open Beta

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
235 posts Page 24 of 24
by danielg4 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:50 pm
Hmm, I guess I was misinformed. Thanks!

Still, certain AT&T CPE boxes support a true bridge mode, and putting something behind them could do this. Same could be said about Comcast links.
by craig.langman » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:20 pm
I started being unable to connect thru the windows client a few days ago. I saved a screenshot of the error messages if anyone cares, but I think it's a non-issue. I called support today and they had me un-install, then install a newer version configured for a non-beta service.

Does this mean the beta service is over? or did they just cut me personally off? Tech support helped me resolve the problem, but didn't seem like they knew anything at all. I obviously don't care if I have beta or not, just weird it stopped working without any announcement or even a comment in this forum... plus my android device still connects and I haven't changed it from non-beta...

Is there any improvement on the non-beta service? Can I install it on my sonic/at&t gateway/router itself and it'll work, I recall based on what I'd understood before the biggest obstacle was that even if you bought another router/thing that worked with sonics opvn, it wouldn't stay connected more than a day anyway (so basically useless)...
by virtualmike » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:39 pm
I recall seeing it mentioned in this very thread back when the production service was introduced. In addition, there was an announcement in another thread.
by orm » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:14 pm
2 things:
1) why is the beta thread in "access" forums, and the production thread in "labs"? time to switch them mb?
2) for those on mac os x, I recommend the free and opensource tunnelblick client for openvpn if you are interested in not having to type in your password each time. I mentioned this in the production thread just now, but wanted to make sure it got seen as this still seems a popular thread.
by nac » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:37 am
I recently got a new computer with Windows 10, and I wasn't able to install the beta version off of Sonic's server, so I went and installed the current version off of OpenVPN's site. It works, but whenever I boot up my computer, I get an error message that OpenVPN can't find my Sonic config files. What do I need to do to make that go away?
235 posts Page 24 of 24