OpenVPN Open Beta

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
235 posts Page 22 of 24
by taupehat » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:27 pm
This is awesome news! For those of us set up for the beta, can someone please hint at the reasons we'd want to switch over?
by kgc » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:34 pm
I think the short answer is that we will not break clients on the production server without a proper notification cycle. I may, however, use the beta installation to test incompatible changes without advanced warning.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by taupehat » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:42 pm
I like this answer. Thank you.
by netllama » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:42 pm
kgc wrote:I think the short answer is that we will not break clients on the production server without a proper notification cycle. I may, however, use the beta installation to test incompatible changes without advanced warning.
Hopefully you'll give everyone at least a week to migrate to the production server before you start experimenting.
by kgc » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:23 pm
I don't expect anything to change any time soon.
Kelsey Cummings
by Guest » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:30 pm
Are there problems going on with the vpn (like unreported maint or server changes)? In the last few days around noon-3pm, I get either connection fails or routing problems through the vpn. Other vpn's I use work fine, and running the latest openvpn client. Without the vpn my connection is solid.

This only started a few days ago.
by kgc » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:05 pm
Are you referring to the beta server or the production service?
Kelsey Cummings
by Guest » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:22 pm
kgc wrote:Are you referring to the beta server or the production service?
Beta, is there now a production openvpn server? Being an FTTN user I've been very reliant on the beta openvpn service and received no notice that there was a production openvpn server.
by Guest » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:33 pm
On the production server now, but now I wonder how many are still on beta.
by hhwong » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:58 pm
Is there an update on having an IPSEC VPN as well?
235 posts Page 22 of 24