High Speed Sunnyvale, CA 94086

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by Vijay » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:27 am
Hi I have the fusion service. All I can get is less than 3 MB/s download and 0.6 upload. Are there any plans to offer a faster service here or comcast the only high speed option.
Thanks
by dane » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:48 am
Two answers on this: We should assure that you're getting a reasonable speed based upon your attenuation and distance, and that it's not being impaired by a wiring fault, missing filters, bad modem, etc. You can either post your distance (which you can obtain from the Fusion sales page, using your address), or contact support to go the items listed this and assure it's a reasonable speed for your location.

Second, we can offer a doubling in speed via our pair bonded service, but this does increase your cost. See the Fusion sales page for details.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Vijay » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:04 pm
Well I have contacted customer service several times due to slow service or no service. I got the modem swapped out under warranty. But I have had this new modem for almost 5 weeks and have had the no service or slow service almost every week.
Today's phone call resulted in suspicion with a land line phone, so was asked to unplug it-, modem repower, - so I am back to the pathetic slow rate of 3.7 Mbs. In all fairness the tech told me that he will call me tomorrow and check on the status. Great customer service but still bad performance. I have been a customer for close to 13 years, and Sonic's performance has been good, but 3.7 Mbs no longer cuts it for me specially for a service that keeps going down. And Dane paying $ 100 for 6Mbs also does not appeal to me. I fear I may be getting pushed over to the dark side.
by dane » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:18 am
Have we dispatched a tech on site?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Guest » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:54 am
Not since I installed the replacement modem, over 6 weeks ago.
Vijay
by dane » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:55 pm
Well, that would probably be the next step, if everything else has been checked (modem and filters, and if possible service at MPOE/terminal.)

Give support a call on 611.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Vijay » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:24 pm
Well 1 day has passed since I unplugged a 2 line Panasonic telephone. Line imbalance is how the tech explained to me. I am now getting a "solid" 3.5 download, 0.6 upload. I hope this stays without having to reboot or call tech support. I am 8812 feet from the CO. Is this the best I can expect.
I called tech support and they will schedule a visit in 10 days.
Thanks
Vijay
7 posts Page 1 of 1