RDNS FTTN

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by Star » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:08 am
Does/Will AT&T's FTTN service have RDNS?
by dherr » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:56 am
At first I think it will only be dynamic IP. I suspect that they will be reversed but it is not likely that we will be able to edit them. The static IP option that Dane has talked about is having us use a VPN where we always get own "own" IP. For that one I would think we would edit it using the same tool set that we have now for Fusion. There has been no promise on how quick that might be available but it has been talked about as if it is more than just a pipe dream. I have already worked out how I will live with dynamic IP and OK with it. I feel like the Internet is passing me by and am ready for some more speed.
by badaniya » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:14 pm
Very old thread, but are there any options currently for FTTN subscribers to be able to edit or change the rDNS PTR record to point to my own domain email server?

For the most part my private email server not blacklisted anywhere except on "dnsbl.spfbl.net".

The reason why it is blacklisted is because of the rDNS record:

dnsbl.spfbl.net response:
====================
"
This IP has been flagged because it is dynamic or by suspect to be domestic use only.
If you are running an email service on this IP, ask ISP to change the rDNS.
The removal of this IP from this blacklist depends on change of rDNS to match the FQDN of the mail server.
"
3 posts Page 1 of 1