Early termination fee with sonic now live - Other bad practi

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
34 posts Page 4 of 4
by dane » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:12 pm
miken wrote:I took a look at your account and it looks like your modem is syncing up at around 13Mbp/s and it's only over the wireless connection that your devices are getting 1Mbp/s. While I don't think the upgrade to X2 would directly correct this problem, the 5Ghz router we provide with the service would. If you were still willing to give us a shot, that's something we could send you without the upgrade to X2 for like $3 more a month. Whether this would fix the issue would depend on whether your devices have adapters that support 5Ghz. If you have any questions or would like any help with this, please feel free to shoot me a PM here on the forums.
That's an odd one, because 2.4ghz 802.11N should deliver the 13Mbps over a longer reach than 5ghz would, so I don't think that a move to WiFi-AC is likely going to improve thing. I wonder why the WiFi-N device(s) are not getting the full speed..? Interference, bad router, client driver or hardware issue, etc?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by miken » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:41 pm
That's absolutely true - if the issue is distance AC won't fix the problem. It didn't seem to be a driver or issue with his devices, although it could have been a bad router. There was mention of a lot of devices connecting, so I was leaning towards interference as a possible issue which would be helped by switching over to 5Ghz.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by dane » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:50 pm
miken wrote:That's absolutely true - if the issue is distance AC won't fix the problem. It didn't seem to be a driver or issue with his devices, although it could have been a bad router. There was mention of a lot of devices connecting, so I was leaning towards interference as a possible issue which would be helped by switching over to 5Ghz.
Makes sense. Don't let me be an armchair quarterback.

It is interesting to see how much WiFi is becoming a primary support issue, where the Internet connection itself is fine by the wide array of devices, building layout, coverage and speed are all factors in the home which effect usability. I've tested two different WiFi mesh solutions in my own home recently, and it's great to see these products coming along.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Justin C » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:38 pm
If I have a contract with the flexlink ethernet 30 mbps speed and I have to terminate it, how much is the early termination fee. I have about 10 months left. I'm just curious if it's still 149 per month since I'm paying a lot more than that. Just curious what it would be. thank you.
34 posts Page 4 of 4