DSL troubleshooting

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by melissaniiya » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:22 pm
Just switched to Sonic a few weeks ago, on the AT&T DSL, and we're happy with our increased bandwidth and responsive customer service.

Recently, we seem to be having some connection problems. Last night, when trying to patch Starcraft II on three computers at once, I noticed that only one computer seemed to receive any bandwidth at a given time. We had two laptops and one desktop on our modem/wireless router. We're using our old modem/router from previous AT&T service. The settings on the router are confirmed to be correct (DHCP) through Sonic support. Now, while trying to watch a live stream on the desktop, and work on laptops at the same time, the stream keeps cutting out, whenever we try to load a webpage.

Before switching over from AT&T to Sonic, we occasionally experienced intermittent signals from our AT&T DSL, but the symptoms seem slightly different. I'm wondering if this problem is more likely to be our router or some problem in the wiring in our apartment. We're waiting on a replacement router in the mail from Sonic, so we will see if that helps...
by jleake » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:53 am
That sounds like an issue with the router to me. If the new router fixes it, then you should be all set. If not, give support a call and we'll do what we can to troubleshoot the apartment wiring.
Juliana L.
Customer Support, Sonic.net, Inc.
2 posts Page 1 of 1