DSL Speed Details

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by terabyte » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:30 pm
I've tried DSL on several occasions, never to my satisfaction (but never through Sonic).

Friends have said wonderful things about Sonic and I am moving into a new place so I decided to give them a try.

I just ordered a dual-bonded 40Mbit (total) residential package. I don't recall the exact number, but I think it said my distance from the uh.."thing", was 11,000ft. What sort of *actual" speed should I expect? Also, upload speed is important to me as I access my files remotely frequently, nothing really says what the promised upload speed is.

Finally, if I am not happy with the speed, what is the return policy? (should have asked before I bought it, I know =)

I included the 99$ modem from Sonic in my order.

Thanks!
-Carl
by clairet » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:04 pm
At a distance of 11,000 feet, a speed of 2-5 mbps is common. This does depend on the condition of your phone lines and if you live in a multi-story apartment. For upload speed, that's also hard to say. At your distance, you may be lucky and see 1 mbps per line (the top upload is about 1.3 mbps). We don't require a contract for Fusion because of the uncertainty of what your actual speeds will be.

You have 30 days to return your modem for a full refund and we can fully refund your full installation if you decide against it (if you opted for one that is). For your monthly fee, you will be prorated for the remaining time before your next bill.

I hope this helps!
Claire T.
Sonic.net Technical Support
2 posts Page 1 of 1