Static IP options for Fusion

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
35 posts Page 1 of 4
by deepnet » Wed May 25, 2011 11:28 am
When are we going to get a cheaper option for static IP's on the fusion service.

If there was an option for 1 or 2 statics I would love that.

Thanks!

P.S. Dane said this was coming soon, just wondering when soon is.
Devin Baskin
Owner
DeepNet Computer Consulting
IT For Your Business!
www.DeepNet.com
by dane » Wed May 25, 2011 2:26 pm
Still on the "soon" list, I'm afraid. Currently our provisioning systems for Fusion static only manage the pool with one option, eight IP static blocks. Launching four and single-IP options requires that we improve these tools quite a bit, plus provide a member tool to allow customers to change from one configuration to another.

Currently we have a few other items higher on our list, so this will come eventually, but not really soon.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by rnovak » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:28 am
+1 on this request (although I'd consider getting the 8 block again if it dropped down in price) :)
by tamino » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:34 am
I actually have the opposite request! I'd love to see a block of 16 available for twice the price of 8.

I understand that you want to provide an incentive for people to use only what they need, and that you might want to go even higher than $40 to provide that incentive. $40 for 16 seems like the natural choice, though.

Lack of IP space is my biggest pain point right now with Fusion. I currently have this unholy amalgam of real IPs and NAT, which means only some of my computers can talk to my printer, and whether or not a guest in my house is able to get a DHCP lease depends on how many devices are currently connected to the NAT side versus the real side. It's not pretty.
by dane » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:42 pm
Tamino,

Thanks for the feedback. It's rare to see a request for MORE than eight IPs. Most customers who use more than one use a few for servers, in a sort of "DMZ", then use one for NAT with all of their desktops, WiFi etc behind that so that it's a single IP zone.

I don't know if we'll opt to offer more than eight - our stated goal is to offer four, and then a single, to address the current issue of cost.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by ejconcepcion » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:08 pm
+1

I only need a single static IP address. I have your Fusion service at 4 locations, but can't justify a $40 addition fee at each location.
by WesleyInSantaClara » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:29 pm
I would like to switch away from AT&T and your service with static IP would be great. As it stands now, the Fusion the monthly price would be $68.54. So yes, this is what I am looking for, except for the unneeded seven IP addresses. This is not bad but I have decided to wait until it gets even better, that is until you offer single, static IP address. The current pricing is reasonable, comparing with my most recent AT&T bill. It shows the bare minimum, no long distance calls, at $55.93. If/when you drop the price for a single static IP to $5 a month, I will switch. Today, you strongly emphasize the download speed, which I do not care that much for. By switching to you I could double the all important to me parameter, the upload speed. It would be nice to have it now but it can wait.

I will put on my calendar to check again in six months.

Wes
by lutter » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:47 am
Piling on, I would love to give back 7 of my 8 IP's. A price of $5/month for a single IP would be ideal.
by rnovak » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:53 am
Something I keep thinking about, and I'll throw the suggestion out there...

Any chance of routed subnets? I'd like to be able to monitor/firewall my network at one point, rather than on each IP address. (Open to other suggestions on how to do this, of course, but a /29 routed to a device on my end would be the easiest for me afaik.)
by dane » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:33 pm
We will soon be offering 1-IP and 4-IP bridged subnets in addition to the current 8-IP offering. This will lower the costs of static IPs substantially.

We have no plans for routed subnets on Fusion.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
35 posts Page 1 of 4