Dublin, Livermore, San Ramon

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
29 posts Page 1 of 3
by Guest » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:40 am
Is there any new updated to service in the Tri-Valley/680 corridor?...specifically the Dublin area?
by dane » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:50 pm
Guest wrote:Is there any new updated to service in the Tri-Valley/680 corridor?...specifically the Dublin area?
Yes, should be online very soon, next couple weeks. I saw the crew doing the final turn-up on the road from Santa Rosa to Tri-Valley just this AM. Passed them on Hwy 101. =)
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Guest » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:38 pm
Will performance still be limited to distance to my current CO? It seems that I'm about 2 to 2.5 miles away and afraid that this will limit my bandwidth below my needs.
by dane » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:46 pm
Guest wrote:Will performance still be limited to distance to my current CO? It seems that I'm about 2 to 2.5 miles away and afraid that this will limit my bandwidth below my needs.
Can can't relocate the CO nor your home, so distance isn't something we can change.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Guest » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:37 pm
So...ok, hope I guess. I was able to get AT&T DSL speeds close to 6m (about 5.5-ish) when I had DSL some 6 years ago. Since then I did have 18m U-Verse but I suppose that was due to a near by VRAD which sonic does not use...correct?
by dane » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:42 am
Yes, correct.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Guest » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:30 am
Theoretically (i understand the variables at play) if I was getting 4.5 - 5.5 on DSL in the tri-valley (Dublin specifically) what could I expect from Sonic when/if it goes live here?
by dane » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:55 am
Guest wrote:Theoretically (i understand the variables at play) if I was getting 4.5 - 5.5 on DSL in the tri-valley (Dublin specifically) what could I expect from Sonic when/if it goes live here?
It's tough to say. You can make a really rough guess based upon your pre-qualified distance and a look at the statistics in this chart: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r269108 ... ance-chart

...but bear in mind there is a lot of variability, so only real-world delivery at your premise will give you the final answer. We've got a 30 day money back assurance, so if it turns out what we can deliver is inadequate, you've got no risk. So, try us!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Guest » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:57 pm
I'm interested....when is Sonic Fusion projected to go "live' in Dublin, then?
by dane » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:00 pm
Guest wrote:I'm interested....when is Sonic Fusion projected to go "live' in Dublin, then?
I believe it's live now. Give a try!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
29 posts Page 1 of 3