Dublin, Livermore, San Ramon

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
22 posts Page 3 of 3
by dane » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:46 am
zeroalias wrote:
When is 1Gb fiber coming to tri-valley, specifically to East Dublin? Seems like it's taking forever to expand and has already been in the middle of nowhere Brentwood forever...

We've expanded significantly, with San Francisco, Berkeley and Albany all coming online in addition to Brentwood and Sebastopol. But not yet in Dublin. We are working to expand just as fast as our membership growth allows us to!
Dane Jasper
CEO
Sonic
by cblackledge » Fri May 31, 2019 8:13 am
Just to update this thread - I live in Livermore and was able to put an order in for Sonic using AT&T's FTTH network. Comcast has lost all advantage now FTTH is available.

I initially went with AT&T actually before I noticed Sonic also offered service - but AT&T botched the install with the OLT not online yet after I spent a day at home waiting for the installer. I cancelled that order.

A new order is in with Sonic, and we'll see how it goes. My hope is that the OLT is online when Sonic places their order.

My only concern is how much Sonic might oversubscribe the area and impact internet speeds, given it is a very new area served. I don't normally use a full gigabit of bandwidth, but when I do, I want the full gigabit. :)
22 posts Page 3 of 3