Why has my DSL speed suddenly dropped significantly?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
14 posts Page 2 of 2
by dane » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:46 am
We use ASSIA's dynamic spectrum management platform - check out their technical whitepapers on DSM level I. Lots of interesting concepts there.

But, when we manually tune, that's all turned off and instead someone decides on best settings. YMMV, as they say. We could push your loop into automated performance optimization, and over 3-7 days it would iterate to best stable performance.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by mixfixer » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:55 am
I second everything Dana just said in his post (in this thread) from 9/22.

...and thank you Dane. Your Tech support team have been very helpful.
by jianwenzhen » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:40 am
Same thing just happened to me. I have fusion which is suppose to be 20mb(LOL). Anyway, the first 2 months, I got like 11mb, then slowly dropped to 9Mb then 7mb then 5mb. Called customer support couple of times.got it back to 7mb, was stable for almost 2 months. Again, it got dropped down to 4mb, then 3.5mb tonight. what is going on ?? and customer support already closed by the time I got home form work.
by dane » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:00 pm
You should ring support on 611, they have very long hours. Perhaps your modem OS failing gradually, or there is a missing filter or an intermittent wiring issue. They will troubleshoot and determine - thanks for your patience as you work with the team here.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
14 posts Page 2 of 2