Port Number After DSL Trial?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by Walt » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:01 pm
Hi,

I understand from other forum posts that you offer a 30-day money back guarantee (is that posted somewhere on the main web site?). I am interested in signing up for Fusion on a trial basis without porting my number initially, but if I'm happy with the DSL speed then I will want to port my number. Is this possible, and if so, how should I proceed?

The only thing I want to trial is the DSL speed (I don't even need the phone line to be set up right away). I currently have AT&T U-Verse at 12 Mbps (I've read other posts that said I should be able to keep U-Verse intact while I try Sonic.Net DSL). Your online tool says I'm at 7800 ft, so I'm expecting a downgrade in performance (based on the scatter plot posted elsewhere on this forum). I'm just hoping the downgrade won't be too severe and I hope the performance will still be good enough for HD Netflix or even HD Netflix + simultaneous SD YouTube (and without constant buffering pauses).

Also, just to confirm, the voice portion of Fusion service is a regular phone line and does not consume any bandwidth, correct?
by wa2ibm » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:27 pm
Yes, you can order Fusion without porting your existing number. The phone line will be there and usable, it will just have a new phone number (which you can ignore if you like). You cannot order Fusion without phone. And yes, it's regular analog phone and does not consume any of the digital bandwidth.

Once you feel comfortable with it (or not), you can call Sonic and ask that your existing number be ported over to your Fusion line. That port process will cause AT&T to cancel your phone service with them. I'm not sure how it affects your U-Verse. Whatever you do, do NOT call AT&T to cancel before Sonic has a chance to port your number.
2 posts Page 1 of 1