Service Maps and Planned Expansion

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by rubens » Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:53 pm
Does Sonic have a map that can be shared that shows where it provided fiber optic internet access? Also, is there a list or map of where it is planning on providing service in the near future?
by joeyyung911 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:02 pm
For competitive reasons, nope.
Excelsior, Sonic Fiber
by dane » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:43 pm
As noted above by the other member, no we do not release this information for competitive reasons. We prefer to take them by surprise.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by rubens » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:58 pm
OK. That makes sense.

My main reason for asking is because I might be moving in the near future and was curious if homes where I'm searching are serviced by Sonic or not. Would the following be my best bet in that regard: https://www.sonic.com/availability?
by dane » Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:51 pm
Yep! But note that we accept pre-orders in a lot of places, some of which could be a long wait.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by bdang1957 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:42 pm
dane wrote:Yep! But note that we accept pre-orders in a lot of places, some of which could be a long wait.
Hello, I checked the new address via the availability page that I was going to move to in about a month and was offered the 10gbs plan which I signed up for immediately, but later found out it was only a pre-order offer. The status page shows the address is in pre-construction phase. Would you be able to tell me if the zip code 94578 part of some of those places with a "long wait" to which you are referring? thanks~
by brandonc » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:54 am
bdang1957 wrote:
dane wrote:Yep! But note that we accept pre-orders in many places, some of which could be a long wait.
Hello, I checked the new address via the availability page that I would move to in about a month and was offered the 10gbs plan, which I signed up for immediately, but later found out it was only a pre-order offer. The status page shows the address is in pre-construction phase. Would you be able to tell me if the zip code 94578 part of some of those places with a "long wait" to which you are referring? thanks~
The pre-construction phase involves us applying for permits to run our lines/infrastructure in the area, which can sometimes take quite a while to complete due to delays in getting the permits approved by the city. After that, we would move into the construction phase, where we physically install all the infrastructure in the approved areas, which can also take a while to complete.

We cannot provide concrete ETA's for completion until it's nearing the end of the project; however, to give some idea, it could take anywhere from 6mo to 2yrs+, depending on the area.

Kind regards,
Brandon C.
Community and Escalations
Sonic
7 posts Page 1 of 1