Hayward Fiber Availability

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
43 posts Page 2 of 5
by jeffreyromualdo » Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:19 pm
brandonc wrote:
jeffreyromualdo wrote:What about those who live in townhomes with HOA. Will we have to work with our HOA so that you can install fiber to my home once it become available? Or do you work with HOAs?
Hi Jeffrey,

For multi-dwelling buildings (4 or more units), we will work directly with the property owner/HOA to get approval as well as send out a representative to perform a "site survey" with them to ensure everything is done to their preference since there's a lot more cabling/equipment involved to service every unit.

However, for single homes, we proceed with the installation with the customer normally under the assumption that they've already talked everything over with their HOA/Landlord beforehand and gotten approval.

I hope this answered your question!

Kind regards,

Thanks for quick response!
Does that mean that I need to convince 3 more unit owners to sign up for the service? Meaning, if I'm the only interested party, you won't be able to install? Or 4 or more units refers to number of actual units and not interested in getting the service? Hope that makes sense :)
by dane » Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:22 pm
No, if we pass your building with fiber we will connect anyone who orders service.

But I don’t think we have built in downtown San Jose, so we aren’t there with fiber.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by tarzxf » Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:50 pm
The guys that strung fiber out front in November/December along N 2nd St seemed fairly certain it was for Sonic. Granted, this was before WEATHER arrived, too.

The forecast date has been pushing out by a month every month and is currently sitting at "Construction" with a live date of May 2023.
dane wrote:No, if we pass your building with fiber we will connect anyone who orders service.

But I don’t think we have built in downtown San Jose, so we aren’t there with fiber.
by brandonc » Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:42 pm
jeffreyromualdo wrote:
brandonc wrote:
jeffreyromualdo wrote:What about those who live in townhomes with HOA. Will we have to work with our HOA so that you can install fiber to my home once it become available? Or do you work with HOAs?
Hi Jeffrey,

For multi-dwelling buildings (4 or more units), we will work directly with the property owner/HOA to get approval as well as send out a representative to perform a "site survey" with them to ensure everything is done to their preference since there's a lot more cabling/equipment involved to service every unit.

However, for single homes, we proceed with the installation with the customer normally under the assumption that they've already talked everything over with their HOA/Landlord beforehand and gotten approval.

I hope this answered your question!

Kind regards,

Thanks for quick response!
Does that mean that I need to convince 3 more unit owners to sign up for the service? Meaning, if I'm the only interested party, you won't be able to install? Or 4 or more units refers to number of actual units and not interested in getting the service? Hope that makes sense :)
To add on a bit to what Dane said,

You don't need to worry about convincing the other tenants in the building. We install our equipment/relay points on the exterior of the building and essentially do all the "prep work" so that if any of the other tenants decide to sign-up for service after you do, it's already in place and makes the installation process much faster/smoother.

Kind regards,
Brandon C.
Community and Escalations
Sonic
by dane » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:13 pm
…that said, we REALLY appreciate it if we have many orders in a building and can coordinate to install for all of them. So please tell them about Sonic if we reach your building!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by electricserg » Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:40 pm
It's been about 5 months since this post. Is there any updates on permits? Honestly when it said my house was eligible when ordering I didn't think I was pre ordering and thought I'd have to start the install sooner rather than later. I know permits like this is no small ordeal but is there at least some sort of time frame we can expect? I've been super upset with my current ISP and I'm honestly debating if I just wanna go with something else since there's no knowing how long this is going to take.
by ghalog » Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:06 am
electricserg wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:40 pm It's been about 5 months since this post. Is there any updates on permits? Honestly when it said my house was eligible when ordering I didn't think I was pre ordering and thought I'd have to start the install sooner rather than later. I know permits like this is no small ordeal but is there at least some sort of time frame we can expect? I've been super upset with my current ISP and I'm honestly debating if I just wanna go with something else since there's no knowing how long this is going to take.
For what it’s worth in my neighborhood of Longwood/Winton Grove I’ve seen Sonic trucks for the past couple of weeks on different blocks all over the neighborhood. They look to be installing or laying down fiber connections? Does that mean it’s coming soon? Not sure but they appear to be working on it 🤷🏾
by dane » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:10 pm
Yes, we are making progress there! Check the Member Tools fiber status page for the most up-to-date neighborhood activation estimate. https://members.sonic.net/
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by josephtgarcia » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:42 pm
ghalog wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:06 am For what it’s worth in my neighborhood of Longwood/Winton Grove I’ve seen Sonic trucks for the past couple of weeks on different blocks all over the neighborhood. They look to be installing or laying down fiber connections? Does that mean it’s coming soon? Not sure but they appear to be working on it
I'm in the same neighborhood, we've also been seeing Sonic vehicles every now and then so hoping things are moving along well. Our estimate says Nov 2023, so I'm probably going to be refreshing that status page every day a few times lol.
by ghalog » Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:14 am
The estimated date of live Fiber in my neighborhood is Jan 2024 which honestly I take as probably gonna be live in late February 2024 with all the holidays and such naturally slowing things down before the end of the year.
43 posts Page 2 of 5