Access denied on so many sites

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by twodumplings » Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:22 pm
Ever since we changed to sonic, there are many sites that just won't let me through. These include:

1) I can never click on a google ad. Maybe this isn't the worst thing, but it's awful when I'm searching for something while shopping.

2) I'm constantly asked if I'm a bot.

3) I can't get through to book a flight on google.

4) Lot of airlines say the server is denying me access.

How can I fix this??? It happens on both chrome and explorer.

Thank you!!
by js9erfan » Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:46 am
Is this happening on all of your local devices and browsers? If so this is usually because your IP has been blacklisted for various reasons. Could be because you're using a VPN service or someone was assigned your IP previously that was up to no good. Could also be a browser add-on that's blocking or manipulating the connections or worse, malware.

You can check your IP here. If its flagged then that's most likely the reason. Either way try to renew your IP by power cycling your ONT or modem. I would also verify that the IP address belongs to Sonic (vs a 3rd party VPN service, etc.).
by dane » Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:12 am
I had a similar experience and it turned out to be ad blocking software that I had installed. Google ads were not reachable and that caused a surprising number of things to stop working.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by enoch » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:38 am
As Dane has said, yeah ad-blocking pluggin on Chrome was an issue for me as well. Removed it, and went back to ad based browsing! Whoopie!
4 posts Page 1 of 1