Is the Fusion X1 (DSL) price being increased? Also what happened to the X2 service?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by mwon » Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:15 pm
Hello,

I just saw on my invoice that the price will be increasing from 49.99 to 55.00 dollars next month. Is this correct? Is this due to ATT upping their price for their lines. Also, noticed X2 isn't being offered as a service anymore...due to AT&T again? or is Sonic just phasing out of the copper business? haha

Normally, I wouldn't mind the increase but with the fees I'm paying near 80 dollar, is really killing me...it's not bad as Verizon's inflation (cell phone) fee... I would love to move to fiber if I had the option. edit: I'll just stick around until someone provides fiber in my area..rather than just jumping to another copper line/different company.
by brandonc » Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:23 pm
Hi there,

We recently ended our contract with AT&T to resell new services, so we cannot process any upgrades/orders for the Fusion DSL or IP Broadband services. We have grandfathered in all existing customers, but moving forward we will only be offering our Fiber Optic service and focus expanding it.

We also do need to raise the monthly cost for the service due to a variety of reasons, but mostly due to the cost of leasing the infrastructure is going up.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Brandon C.
Community and Escalations
Sonic
by leeep » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:07 pm
"'Fusion Broadband - STI-0044744-4' price change effective on 2023-03-20 (Current Price: 69.99, New Price: 79.99)"

Suffice to say, I am disappointed. Monthly outlay for me is over $100/month now for 18M/2M bonded ADSL2.

I swore never to do Comcast ever again, but in the year 2023, I might not have any choice in the matter.

It's been a good run since 2011, Sonic, you just couldn't manage to deliver anything better than copper ADSL to my location in the past 22 years...
---
...on Sonic.net since 2011...
3 posts Page 1 of 1