Reduced upload speeds after AdTran 622V ONT software update

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by rycw » Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:27 pm
I noticed the Alarm/Update LED on my AdTran 622V ONT was solid red. According to the support article, this indicates that a software update failed. I contact Support and they pushed the update to the ONT. The ONT successfully updated and no longer displayed the red LED.

Immediately after the ONT update, uploads speeds dropped significantly and hover at 1050 Mbps. Prior to the update, I consistently saw upload speeds of over 6000 Mbps. Download speeds were not impacted and are consistently over 8000 Mbps.

Test results were using the MacOS Okla Speedtest app using the same Sonic.net server in San Jose. My hardware setup did not change and I noticed the drop in speed immediately after the update.

I've noticed a few threads where others are seeing reduced upload speeds of only 1 Gbps. Seems to be too much of coincidence for it not to be related to the ONT software update.
by syntaxsid1 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:57 pm
Hello, we're sorry to hear this. Please call our support team and explain exactly as you have here so we can work toward resolving this. We'll see if we can roll back the update or provide you with a new ONT if something went wrong with that particular one. We look forward to your call. Have a great day!
707-547-3400

Kind Regards,

Jeff - CES
Jeff M. with Community Escalations @ Sonic
by rycw » Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:01 pm
I reached out to Support as suggested. Apparently, firmware for a different device was pushed to my ONT in error. A NOC tech pushed the correct firmware and speeds are now back to normal. Thanks, Jeff!
3 posts Page 1 of 1