So close, yet so far. 100 ft more to supply a dozen more houses!

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by arlington264 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:35 pm
Not sure if anyone will see this, but these recent storms brought out a lot of frustration with us on AT&T's leased lines. Our neighborhood electrical, fiber, coaxial service went out on 1/4/23. Electric came on at 7pm on 1/5. The morning of 1/6, Comcast repaired all coaxial. AT&T? Repeated calls with the fiber on the street went ignored. My neighbors all called in and were told the same thing. The earliest appointment for someone to come to the house was going to be a week away. AND, before of a possible $99 charge to repair anything inside the house. I said that the fiber is IN THE STREET. Nobody has service. They said that's the earliest they could come out. Totally dysfunctional.

Anyway, what I did learn is that most people in our neighborhood never lost Sonic service on Sonic's own line. How can that be? I found that when Sonic came in, they ran the line and stopped short for some reason. See map (yellow is Sonic fiber). Would love to know why they stopped short and if there is any way to continue. I spoke will all of my AT&T forced neighbors, and they ALL said they were frustrated and wished it was a Sonic line.

by artakamoose » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:28 pm
The pole routing on your street is unusual. There are two different pole/line segments on your street and both end short of the middle. One starts off of Stratford and runs to where Sonic service ends. The other (with no Sonic native service) starts off of Beverely and ends near where that hooked section is. There's a big gap in the middle where lines run off of the ends of the last poles on either of those lines.
2 posts Page 1 of 1