Azores ONT troubles

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
24 posts Page 3 of 3
by danswick » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:55 am
It's been a few days and the reduced cache timeout has been working well. We've had a few disconnections of ~1 minute, but nothing major so far. This seems at least as effective as putting an unmanaged switch between the router and the ONT and lends further credence to the theory that the ONT and UDM are doing something mutually unexpected regarding leases.
by danswick » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:43 am
Welp, the issue is back after last night's emergency maintenance. I'm working through the same troubleshooting steps as before (connecting directly, rebooting everything, using a dumb switch, etc), but now even my workarounds aren't working. Disconnects are happening every 30-69 minutes since around 2 or 3am. Gearing up to lose yet another day of work and am about ready to give up.
by dane » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:04 pm
danswick wrote:Welp, the issue is back after last night's emergency maintenance. I'm working through the same troubleshooting steps as before (connecting directly, rebooting everything, using a dumb switch, etc), but now even my workarounds aren't working. Disconnects are happening every 30-69 minutes since around 2 or 3am. Gearing up to lose yet another day of work and am about ready to give up.
We know the Eero equipment works well on the network, so that might be worth trying out. The Pro 6E unit takes in 2.5Gbps Ethernet and has the fastest client and mesh WiFi. You can get it via: https://members.sonic.net/equipment/order
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by artakamoose » Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:57 pm
Another thought... Assuming you're on firmware 1.12.33 have you tried rolling back to 1.12.30? I just read something that UI doesn't recommend going back past 30 though.
24 posts Page 3 of 3