Netgear RAX 75 internet connection

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
13 posts Page 1 of 2
by quirkaudio » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:36 am
The Netgear RAX75 internet connection keeps being dropped by the fiber router. I have tried varying the various options in the internet and WAN settings to no avail, and of course support takes no responsibility for customer equipment and was unwilling to provide any configuration data (such as MTU) of the fiber router

However the Netgear 6700 works perfectly.

Any thoughts appreciated
by joeyyung911 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:44 am
Define "fiber router".
Excelsior, Sonic Fiber
by dane » Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:07 pm
Probably best to call Netgear support. We can’t help with customer-owned equipment, supported would have to come from the company you buy it from.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by ngufra » Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:39 am
Someone had issues with an asus router and after upgrading to the latest firmware it worked correctly.
Make sure you are running the latest version.
by quirkaudio » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:13 pm
the firmware is up to date, the router has been reset to default.

The issue is with this model (Rax75), I do not expect Sonic to have tested all wireless routers, however it is useful to identify units with which there are issues, such as this one. What would be useful is knowing the specifications of the fiber router, that Sonic provide.

The Rax75 works perfectly with the ATT Fiber and Comcast cable modem

The issue is specif with the Sonic router and the Rax75,and as such Netgear support will say speak to Sonic.
by igorru » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:15 pm
What do you mean by "Sonic router?" An ONT (little white box that the fiber cable plugs into and has an ethernet port and a phone port) or an actual router like an Eero provided by Sonic? Do you have 1GB fiber or 10GB fiber? 10GB fiber uses a different ONT that is combined with a router in one (for a proper configuration with a customer-supplied router that ONT/router would need to be in bridged mode).
by quirkaudio » Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:12 pm
There are two boxes they installed, and as they are mounted on the wall I can not see model numbers. There is a whit box that I believe terminates the fiber, which then has a small cable connecting to a black box that has a couple of ethernet ports (and I think phone ports). The connection is 10gb, and the Netgear is plugged into the 10gb port.

I will try and get model numbers and/or attach photo's.
by ngufra » Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:18 pm
The white box seems to be the ONT.
The black box is a router switch with voip adapter.
You need the black box for the phone (otherwise you could plug your router into the ONT. You can set the sonic router in bridge mode of it's an option or use double NAT.
Is the connection dropped onlynon the RAX75 or on the main router too?
by martukovichsonic » Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:53 pm
ngufra wrote:The white box seems to be the ONT.
The black box is a router switch with voip adapter.
You need the black box for the phone (otherwise you could plug your router into the ONT. You can set the sonic router in bridge mode of it's an option or use double NAT.
Is the connection dropped onlynon the RAX75 or on the main router too?
I'm betting the white box is likely a slack NID and the black box is the ONT. The ONT has fiber coming in and 10G, 1G, and VOIP ports.
by igorru » Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:56 pm
quirkaudio wrote:I will try and get model numbers and/or attach photo's.
Just photos should be fine. The people here should be able to identify and provide help.
13 posts Page 1 of 2