Is Sonic down at 0:10am, 11/2/2022 in Oakland 94610?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by stanslysiu » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:14 pm
I live in Oakland 94610. I have Sonic 10 G plan since 8/25 this year. I have a couple times it down for few min. and come back up fast. But yesterday after mid night. My internet down but never come back up. I wait til 1:00pm still no luck. But I get up this morning it works again. Did anybody has the same problem? Because my plan is the basic without phone support. I sent a message but no reply yet. Thank you!
by brandonc » Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:19 pm
Hi there,

I'm sorry that you've been experiencing connection issues lately. I did look at your connection and confirmed that it was a part of a widespread outage on Monday 10/31, but it was resolved the same day and I don't see any other reports of outages for this area since then.

It's possible there's separate issue causing the intermittent drops and the recent outage could have made it appear as if it were just one issue that got worse.

I would recommend texting our technical support team when you notice another drop out, then we can work to troubleshoot it in real time and see if there's any strange behavior on our end. Our texting number is 844-721-0300 and we're available between 8am-10pm everyday.

Kind regards,
Brandon C.
Community and Escalations
Sonic
by kaeigen » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:54 pm
I'm in 94611 and my Sonic was also down around the same time, so I suspect it was a broader problem.
by stanslysiu » Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:38 pm
Thank you for the reply. I text your tech support dept. but no reply. I don't know when it come back up because I went to sleep at 12:30am. But it's working the next morning.
by shari_sf » Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:45 pm
I also experienced the same outage as you, same time, and it went back on at 1am according to my husband. I’m at 94619. I called Sonic the next day and was told there wasn’t any outage and it was probably my Wi-Fi router, so I then thought it could be my equipment that was faulty, my two month old eero. After seeing your post, I realize it was some type of outage. mainly peeved that we should be notified of scheduled outages, I was told to sign up for email alerts if I wanted to know when they had scheduled ones. But if sonic isn’t aware of outages then I would not have gotten an alert anyway. Not very happy with sonic, my phone line is not working either, ongoing problem since the start of service in August.
5 posts Page 1 of 1