Internet troubles Oct. 31 - can we normally ping sonic.net?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by charles2 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:41 pm
The Internet seems to have troubles today. AT&T email accounts did not work for about an hour. A good percentage of websites do not load. Later, some websites now load but with abnormal 10 or 20 second delay.

In the middle of this, I could ping amazon.com for example, but not google.com nor sonic.net . My question: should ping reach any destination that is connected to the Internet? ... any website connected to the Internet? Or do some websites not respond to ping even when everything functions normally?
by alexwu » Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:55 pm
same problem here, and I got many socket connectino error starting from 13:00 PST (Oakland area)
Many website admin chosed to ignore ping request now, so it is really not indicative, unless you can't even ping 8.8.8.8
by dcokenias » Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:56 pm
Many sites do not respond to ping. Or they will reply to a few and then stop responding.

these are addresses that will always respond to ping, if they can. Thank you Cloudflare, Thank you Google

ping 1.1.1.1
ping 8.8.8.8
3 posts Page 1 of 1