Are my Wifi extenders working properly?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by yanghouse » Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:13 pm
Hi there,

So when signing up with Sonic, I choose to rent 2 of the WiFi Pro 6E for an additional $20.

I had the installers place one of them next to the main set up area and the other one I placed downstairs.

When I am in the area where the main set up is, my download speed is around 600+ Mpbs, but when I do a speed test at my downstairs, I am only getting around 50-60 Mpbs.

Is this supposed to happen? I thought that Wifi extenders downstairs would get around or a little less in Mpbs, not to the extent of what I have.

Thanks for any assistance.
by syntaxsid1 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:00 am
Hello,

This may be a matter of the distance at which each node is apart from each other. If you have a larger home, OR if you have significant Radio interference around your home, you may need an additional node to combat that. From what we can see looking at your configuration, they may be too far apart from each other. We can see your downstairs node is only getting around half the signal bars it typically does. Try moving that node closer, or closing the gap with a 3rd unit. You can call our support team so we can try different configurations as well to help you pinpoint the best location for that secondary one. We hope this helps. Take care.
Jeff M. with Community Escalations @ Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1