Routes to Amazon Nothern Virginia AWS very slow

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by jmhunter83 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:43 pm
Hi there, I am on Sonic gigabit, in the outer sunset. I've been having a major slowdown to my schools servers and many websites over the last month.

I did some trouble shooting, I hooked straight in to my router with a windows PC as a control, as I normally use a wireless mac book.

I utilize bocce.online.berklee.edu for school and this is where I first noticed it... But I've also noticed it on websites that utilize amazon S3 to download updates for apps and what not. Not all of the content from my school's server is being served very slow, as the assignments take several minutes to load. Additionally when I download files from certain sites, including assignment related files the throughput is ion average 10-30 KB/s.

I ruled out my network equipment the following way:

1) I allowed my net equipment to use the default DNS, I rebooted all equipment including the fiber ONT. Still same thing. I had a bright idea and tried the cloudflare "warp" VPN service and suddenly all the sites and what not are FLYYYYING.. normal sonic speeds. Turn it off and back to the molasses.

Is it possible one of the tunnels or what not is messed up? I do not have IPv6 configured on my router.. should i?

Best regards,
Jacob
by jmhunter83 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:17 pm
I hope dane is monitoring this. I am really struggling.. It's been like this for months. I need a technician... The trouble shooting things techs have had me do lead no where.. there is something up with my access.
by brandonc » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:03 am
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that the connection is taking long to resolve certain pages. We would need to get some information to send over to our Network Engineering team to investigate.

Go to the page in question that has slow loading files/assets and check what part is actually slow. E.g. in Mozilla Firefox: Menu > More Tools > Web Developer tools Click on the network tab in the new panel that opened up at the bottom. Go to the page in question and wait for it to fully load. The right side of that new panel shows how long it takes to load certain elements/files. Take a screenshot of the element that's slowest to load. Right click the file that's the slowest and copy the URL. Please send us a screenshot of that and the URL via email. In Google Chrome, do this as well. It is a similar procedure in Chrome that is located in Menu > More tools > Developer Tools.

I hope that we can get this figured out soon.

Kind regards,
Brandon C.
Community and Escalations
Sonic
by jmhunter83 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:32 am
good evening.. well its got much easier now... I have even taken my entire network out of the equation, I have hardwired into the router and I am now pull a speediest from sonic servers, of 15/800 mbps... 800 up, 15 down. seems as though all routes are indeed affected
by jmhunter83 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:40 am
I just attached.. this is hard wired, please help

Attachments

by jmhunter83 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:55 pm
This item downloaded very slow, until i activated VPN just now.

https://prod-rel-ffc-ccm.oobesaas.adobe ... CCHomeWeb1
6 posts Page 1 of 1