Last 11% of Adams Point in Oakland?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
20 posts Page 1 of 2
by gacevedobolton » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:10 am
Hello,
I've been anxiously awaiting the arrival of 10Gb fiber at our place in Adams Point (I'm on Adams between Lee and Perkins). There was a bunch of activity in the neighborhood earlier in the year, with the sonic trucks doing their work, and I'd get the monthly update letter with the percentage completion in my neighborhood steadily increasing. It seems to have stalled for the past couple of months, and I was wondering if there were any updates on getting Fiber to the remaining streets.
by timyip » Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:52 am
I'm in the same boat around the corner on Lee (struggling along on X2 DSL--no FTTN here despite what the AT&T folks who updated my phone line have said). Also ran into a snag this spring and fell off the pre-order list entirely due to a pole access issue. But that seems to be resolved and I'm back in the last 11% . . .
I see a big coil of fiber cable hanging from the pole at Van Buren and Lee -- hoping it gets hooked up here soon!
by gacevedobolton » Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:36 pm
I received a postcard in the mail today telling me to upgrade to 10 gigabits fiber, so excited! But when I logged into my account and tried to look at my upgrade options it just says that 10 gb "is coming" and "no additional services" were found at my location, not excited. Oh well, hopefully there will be some positive news soon.
by timyip » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:37 am
There's a PG&E contractor replacing a pole down at the corner here this morning. Hoping that's a sign of progress.
by carolinescolari » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:51 pm
Hi, Also in Adams Point and noticed that the %Complete has not budged from 89% in the last three months.
I was wondering if someone could give an update on the cause of the stall in the Adams Point deployment.
(If you can discuss it). One of the waiting 11%. Thank you.
by paulmcm » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:17 am
If its any consolation, I also was in that last 11% until this afternoon - just got my email! So hold out hope, it is moving forward! I'm very near OP.
by timyip » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:22 am
There's a contractor truck stringing cable down Lee Street. Does this mean that pole access issues have been resolved and it's really almost here?
by kbjsr » Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:24 pm
Has there been any movement on this? My brother lives very close and has been getting that 89% answer for many months.
by genekeenan » Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:28 pm
What realistically is the real GO LIVE date for Adams Point. It has been a over a year at 86% and now it's been 5 months of a new update of:
"go live date November"
"go live date December"
"go live date January"
"go live date February"
"go live date March"

I am not holding my breath for that March date. :D

I spoke to a SONIC tech who was in the neighborhood a few months ago and he said it was all installed and he was just out testing the connections. So what does that mean if it's installed and tested? City permits holding it up? Lack of installers?

I pre-ordered what seems like 2 years ago.

Thank you,

GK
by ec » Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:25 pm
Hello -

I'm sorry you folks have been waiting for news for so long with sliding dates.

The neighborhood is 98% cabled and spliced, and the delay is being caused by an underground bore we need to do connecting the last part of Jayne Avenue and Euclid. That section feeds the rest of the cable that has already been strung.

I just got off the phone with the project engineer. They have done the potholing and prep, the permit is with the City awaiting approval as of last week, and the PM is reasonably confident that we will hit the current go live projection of 3/31.

There's a lot of factors that can hold up construction (especially underground), but the PM knew exactly what I was talking about and has a good plan to get this done by 3/31 barring further complication.

I will update this thread with more info as available, and we really appreciate your patience!

- Eli Caul

Director of Customer Care
Sonic.net, Inc
- Eli Caul

Director of Customer Care
Sonic.net, Inc
20 posts Page 1 of 2