Appointments not available for two weeks!

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by venkatramankb » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:23 am
Hi, my internet has been down (in sf) for a couple of days, the technician said a cable has to be replaced(a ten minute job) . When I called to place an appointment, the next available appointment is in two weeks!

How can I escalate this? I need internet for work, and can’t afford to not have it for two weeks.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!
by ngufra » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:18 pm
Is the repair inside your home wiring or on sonic's wires/fiber optic?
With summer and covid there may be a number of tech who are not available.
Still not acceptable to you but better than if covid positive technicians were going in customers' houses.

Are you able to ask your neighbors to use their wifi in the meantime ?
by syntaxsid1 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:39 pm
Hello venkatramankb,

We can see that you had a dispatched scheduled earlier which is great! Since that time, have you experienced any more problems with the service? We would be happy to help if you are still struggling with it. Call us any time @ 707-547-3400
Jeff M. with Community Escalations @ Sonic
by dane » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:05 pm
No, that wouldn't be right - and we'll run that down, I would guess we've got a misunderstanding with someone in the staff here.

For repairs, we prioritize the dispatch to get on-site in one or at most two days, assuming that you are available and able to meet our tech when we have a slot available.

It is new service installation that can take today two to three weeks right now. While we'd love to get to these faster, we're seeing very strong demand for fiber-optic internet, and we're struggling to dig out of that backlog now. (For folks who are flexible, we do maintain a last-minute cancellation list, sometimes allowing for much more rapid installation if availability opens up.)

Current customer repairs take priority over new customer installations, which is the way it should be.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
4 posts Page 1 of 1