San Jose 95148

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by stanley1943 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:16 pm
I can’t take this anymore. My internet keeps dropping ever since pandemic started. Had been a loyal customer for a long time. I’m forced to switch to comcast. In fact, most of my neighbors abandoned att. It’s so bad here. There are days I can’t work because it keeps dropping during different time of days. Then there are days with zero outage

I really want to stay but sonic hasn’t been expanding fiber to my area fast enough. I wish sonic can prioritize existing customers first. I have been waiting for a decade.
by dane » Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:30 pm
We are building as fast as we possibly can - it’s the very core of our future success. Today 2/3rds of Sonic customers are on our fiber, but we have a lot more expansion to complete.

I will share an update that I’ve got in a draft form right now, as you may find it interesting. It’s a little premature, we expect to cross the 1M residents mark in August, but I’ll share the draft here for your info:

Sonic fiber update

An update on our progress towards fixing the internet in America, some news on 10Gbps fiber and our expansion to new markets, and a big request for your help.

I am excited to share the news that our team this week reached an big milestone in our fiber-optic network deployment: Sonic fiber now reaches one million Californians.

But among those reading this email, that still leaves about one third of you unconnected, relying on older copper technologies or resold fiber. We want to reach as many of you as possible as quickly as we can. Our teams will continue to work to expand our network’s reach, towards the goal of connecting everyone to our own modern fiber-optic network. (You can help us, more on that below.)

You may also have heard that we now deploy 10Gbps technology for all of our new builds. Yes, it’s true: new customers get ten gig service, and no, there’s no price increase for it.

This is part of our overall strategy: bring the fastest access we can at the lowest possible price. So everywhere we serve we offer just one Sonic fiber speed, the full speed of the technology deployed there.

I know that many of you one 1Gbps will want to get the new 10Gbps equipment into your homes. We are working towards upgrading the equipment in of all of our service locations to 10Gbps. As we get closer to that, current Sonic 1Gbps fiber customers will be able to request an upgrade of the technology in their homes. These upgrades will be offered for a one-time equipment change fee — keeping the current low monthly cost but getting a connection upgrade to nearly ten times the current speed.

But we really need your help to make this all happen. Sonic membership is the financial engine which makes it possible to deploy fiber to more places, and to upgrade the technology lighting our fiber to the highest speeds.

So, the ask: please refer everyone you know to Sonic. We promise we’ll take good care of them and deliver amazing service, and they’ll thank you for telling them about a better service. And more members means more expansion, higher speeds and the keeping the lowest possible costs for you. It’s a win for you, for us, and for the people you send our way.

To thank you for helping us grow, we’ve got a unique referral URL which you can post or send. When people use it, we’ll provide you a $30 credit for each new Sonic fiber customer you send our way.

I’m really excited about Sonic and where we are going. Consumer Reports recognized us last year as number one ISP in the entire nation. The EFF has recognized our privacy practices as the best of any ISP in the nation, year after year after year. And our customers give us amazing feedback about their experience with our friendly local team.

So, please help! Share our story with your friends, family and neighbors. Together, we can fix the internet in America.

Thank you,
Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by stanley1943 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:03 pm
Just now typing my replies, my internet dropped. In the last 3 months, there are approximately 50ish drops. It's now effecting my ability to work remotely. I thought my internet would improve throughout the 2 years, but the opposite happened. I don't really care about money here. I'm paying 70 a month for 70ish Mbs/s while comcast is offering 80 a month for 1.2Gb/s. And i would gladly continue if it wasn't for disconnections. Hell, i would pay double for sonic if internet can perform.

People have a hatred for the 2 big boxes. But we can't recommend sonic when it doesn't work with ATT line. I would recommend you give people the ability get email updates for your address when "Sonic" fiber is available. When you click "check availability", also allow them to sign up for email updates if it is within the service you are potentially going to expand to. The goal here is once sonic is in my area, i can switch back to Sonic again.

I know regulation is a huge hurdle but waiting for 10 years on a degrading service, at some point, I have to do the right thing or else i can't make money.
by gambler » Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:24 pm
It's pretty annoying to keep paying more and more so that *other* people can get better service.

6.94 Mbps / 0.85 Mbps right now.
4 posts Page 1 of 1