changing email passwords

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by gupgal » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:21 am
Hello Dane and team,
I've been a Sonic customer for over 10 years and a fan of the product and superior service you folx always provide. Sonic has always been a pioneer of privacy initiatives and as a customer that's been important to me. :)

I've never posted in a forum such as this but there is one glaring ongoing UI issue that could solve for probably a lot of phone calls into tech support and have an impact on reducing cybercrime.

How do you change the email password on an email that is not connected to your main member email? :?
    Is there an article on this specific topic?
      Why is this pivotal action buried inside Email> Manage Mailboxes and then I need to read through a lot of text to understand if I am indeed about to change my member password or the email password.

Further when I arrive to my "main members page" and finally click on <Email> I'm not sure if this workflow is under Webmail or Manage Inboxes and a lot of time is wasted. Sometimes when people are changing their email passwords they are doing it under duress. They have just learned they have been victim to a phishing attempt or a data leak and need to immediately change their password to prevent further harm. :(

It would be helpful to change this UI to improve the UX of the customer. Suggestion for "change your email password" to be more prominently displayed in the dropdown menu.

Thank you!
      by virtualmike » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:54 pm
      The process is the same as for changing the password for the "main" account.

Log into members.sonic.net, in this case, using the credentials for the alternate mailbox.

"Change your password" should be under the Quick Links in the middle of the page.
      by gupgal » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:40 pm
      Thanks, Mike. I did end up eventually finding it prior to my post. My point here is that it shouldn't be this difficult to locate.

Here is an example of a company whose documentation is a touch more crisp on this subject:

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-art ... /ta-p/6430
      3 posts Page 1 of 1