Sonic response to new AT&T Fiber plan in Palo Alto

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by artannie » Mon May 30, 2022 2:21 pm
Sonic and friends - I just received a door hanger from AT&T. They have strung Fiber in my neighborhood in Palo Alto and are offering a very attractive plan: "300 Mbps, $55/mo, NO ANNUAL CONTRACT, NO price increase at 12 months, NO data caps, NO equipment fee "

A neighbor of mine, a long time Sonic customer, told me this morning that while he loves Sonic customer service he was switching. Sonic: Are you going to respond in some way or just allow your customer base to bleed away?
by joeyyung911 » Mon May 30, 2022 3:27 pm
What are they supposed to do? You acting like they're as big as the duopolies they're competing with.
Excelsior, Sonic Fiber
by dane » Tue May 31, 2022 5:13 pm
Our focus is on gigabit speed level service and above, and we are not today offering any of the slower fiber-based services for resale such as the 300Mbps product. And of course, getting the majority of our customers on our own fiber has been a great accomplishment, and we're continuing to expand that product's reach. It's far less expensive than any competitive alternatives, in addition to being the fastest in the US.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
3 posts Page 1 of 1