Any cool/useful ideas for ATA and VoIP?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by codynunes » Fri May 13, 2022 6:28 pm
Any good ideas on what I can do with this service and ATA besides a fax line or home phone? I have zero interest in having a home phone.

I just recently signed up for the Fusion Fiber through AT&T. I understand why and all the debates between Dane/Sonic and customers that's been had for what seems like the last 10 years. Only way to get rid of it is get dedicated fiber (although, I do agree that the hidden fees and taxes is a bit shiesty, because they are hidden, not because they are there) Now just looking for ideas on what to do with this tech so it's not completely worthless to me.

Another option I considered is "losing" the ATA and paying the $50 fee when it comes time to return it.
by syntaxsid1 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:55 am
Hello,

The taxes and fees for the voice portion of the service only. The "Dedicated Fiber" line has no phone option and so there would be no additional fees, just the price you see. We also just want to make clear that "losing" the ATA wouldn't result in stopping the monthly reoccurring fee, since it's mandatory to have this. It would be best to keep the ATA until you decide to cancel your account so you can just return it back later and not be charged the $50. If you report the ATA as "lost" we would just simply issue a new one to you. We just suggest once Fiber Data only is available for your location, call our support team so we can get you switched over to that so you no longer need to pay for a portion of the service you are not using. I hope this information helps. Take Care.
Jeff M. with Community Escalations @ Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1