Legacy DSL discontinuing service announcement, what are good bay area alternatives?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
12 posts Page 2 of 2
by ngufra » Fri May 06, 2022 8:23 am
You should try pirateship to send back your DSL modem.
If you select USPS, they will pick it up from your mail box so no gas/time for you.

I agree that it is unlikely that sonic would reuse your modem directly but it's their rule which you agreed to when you subscribed.
Maybe it will get e-wasted or sent to a location where they are still on ADSL.

I remember a deaf person trying to argue they did not need the phone line nor ATA but were not allowed to return it early.
by dale.lam » Fri May 06, 2022 11:52 pm
ngufra wrote:You should try pirateship to send back your DSL modem.
If you select USPS, they will pick it up from your mail box so no gas/time for you.

I agree that it is unlikely that sonic would reuse your modem directly but it's their rule which you agreed to when you subscribed.
Maybe it will get e-wasted or sent to a location where they are still on ADSL.

I remember a deaf person trying to argue they did not need the phone line nor ATA but were not allowed to return it early.

It's too late for that, I just remember the only option during cancelation was either print out or they mail you an UPS shipping label.
12 posts Page 2 of 2