Story on Ars Technica on install from hell on comcast

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by ngufra » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:06 am
If you think your Sonic install could have been better read this...

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/202 ... d-service/
by virtualmike » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:59 pm
We were in a similar situation when we had a home in the Sierra foothills. Unfortunately, Sonic doesn't offer service in that town; as well, we were too far from the CO for any sort of DSL to be effective.

There were three homes on our street that did not have Comcast service, and Comcast wanted $15K to run the cable to them.. for 600 feet of coax.

We ended up using satellite while we lived there. 12 Mbps down, 1 Mbps up, and latency in seconds, not milliseconds. And a 40GB data cap. No streaming, ever. Our guests were appalled.
by graeme_stewart » Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:17 pm
FWIW, the Sonic install to my residence had only a single massive issue; the tech was so technically competent, patient (with my endless questions), respectful (of my property and location requests), and downright nice (he had an awesome sense of humor), I'm deeply upset I'll probably never see the dude again.
by stanrhon » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:06 pm
I have been going thru Fiber from Hell with Sonic. They seem to be unable to communicate with ATT what my problem might be. 5 ATT techs, 3 routers and dozens of communications, still can't use Sonic Gig Speed service. To bad they disconnected my DSL service before they screwed up my fiber install. No internet for over a week! Still haven't received a good explanation or a service start date.
by syntaxsid1 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:43 pm
Hello stanrhon,

We deeply apologize for the experience you have had thus far. I have reached out to you via email to provide as much detail as I can regarding this situation. Please feel free to respond there if you like as I will be watching this account and that email for responses. I hope we're able to provide you service very soon. Take Care.

Jeff - CES
Jeff M. with Community Escalations @ Sonic
5 posts Page 1 of 1