Finally seeing some progress in Santa Rosa!

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
9 posts Page 1 of 1
by wwwong » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:02 pm
It looks like Sonic was doing some horizontal boring along Marlow Road in NW SR, down Jennings to Biella.

First I saw the USA SONIC marks a few months ago. Then all the mark and locates came out. Then the boring started! Seems like you guys are connecting up schools? This will run right by my cul-de-sac, what's the future process to get fiber down the street?

I hope the work continues even though you hit a water main a few days ago...
by syntaxsid1 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:52 am
Hello,

We are absolutely building out as fast as we can. Most or our "backbone" work is to schools, fire stations, hospitals etc. If you are near one of those area, there is a greater chance of getting to you as well. We may face unforeseen challenges when building out in a given area, so we are not able to provide an accurate estimate of when we'll be ready for installs for you there. Once we are ready to install Fiber at your location, we'll absolutely notify you ASAP so you can switch over right away! Thank you for your patience and support as we continue to grow. Have a great day!

Kind Regards,

Jeff - CES
Jeff M. with Community Escalations @ Sonic
by gdm4 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:38 pm
Is this horizontal boring work done by Sonic employees with Sonic marked trucks?
I see some work going on in Coffee Park, plain white trucks...
Guy
by dane » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:11 am
gdm4 wrote:Is this horizontal boring work done by Sonic employees with Sonic marked trucks?
I see some work going on in Coffee Park, plain white trucks...
No, virtually all Sonic drilling is done by Sonic employees in our own vehicles. I don't think we're doing any work in that area at this time.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by gdm4 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:15 am
:cry: I thought so, some day Dane?
Guy
by kbjsr » Sun May 01, 2022 3:21 pm
No April construction update?
by kbjsr » Thu May 05, 2022 2:13 pm
Anyone? Santa Rosa monthly update? I guess no update means it's going to be lit up this weekend! :-)
by cooperniswonger » Mon May 16, 2022 10:05 am
While we were working to complete the southern portion of this build, we have decreased communications in your area until more significant progress is made. This month, we are expected to activate more of your area. So, you should expect an update in June!
by kbjsr » Tue May 24, 2022 4:50 pm
Thanks!

Had a chat with one of your guys today, said he was there checking
the deployment of the fiber that was hung a few weeks ago.
9 posts Page 1 of 1