Can I sign up for Standard Fiber? (Without voice) [Edit: YES!]

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
24 posts Page 3 of 3
by kipmanage » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:35 pm
I also see an option for Basic Fiber now. Looks to be same as Standard Fiber. Upto 10gbps. minus customer support via phone. No email or VPN or voice included. $29.99

Can I convert my preorder of Standard Fiber $39.99 to Basic Fiber $29.99?
by dane » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:01 pm
Sure, the way to do this is to Just downgrade during your first month free time.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by psireau » Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:06 am
kipmanage wrote:I also see an option for Basic Fiber now. Looks to be same as Standard Fiber. Upto 10gbps. minus customer support via phone. No email or VPN or voice included. $29.99

Can I convert my preorder of Standard Fiber $39.99 to Basic Fiber $29.99?
As someone who's been a happy 1Gbps Fusion Fiber customer for 6 years now and has never contacted customer support, or used email / VPN / voice, that sounds absolutely amazing. My latest bill is $67: $49.99 for service and ~$15 for various State and Federal voice surcharges.

So it sounds like when 10Gbps becomes available in my area I can look forward to "Basic Fiber" which would not only provide 10x faster speeds, but also cut my bill in half (which is crazy considering I'd be willing to pay more if that could somehow speed up the upgrade timeline). Can't wait.
by jiceman » Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:45 am
dane wrote:
gbrivkalns001 wrote:Can you guys clarify:

Will the ability to drop the phone service be available to ALL fiber users (1 & 10 gig) or only to those who have 10 gig available in their area?

Thank!
Standard fiber is only available on the new 10 Gigabit platform. It is a limited market test at this point, to determine if we can sustain the economics of the product and the company without voice service revenue or not.
Good to know, was wondering why standard option was limited. How will we know when that is available if we don't use phone service?

Is Basic also an option or did that go away?
24 posts Page 3 of 3