Good news

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by ken_brashear » Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:06 pm
After years of waiting, fiber is now available at my address in the Cambrian Park area of San Jose. Sonic's website says FUSION IPBB-F. Out of curiosity, what does IPBB-F stand for? To get the ball rolling, do I order fiber from the link or do I order it from the upgrade service tab? Thanks.
by dane » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:01 am
IPBB is IP Broadband, Sonic’s resale product delivered over AT&T fiber. It offers Gigabit speed, with no usage caps. As with Fusion, a home phone service is included.

Existing customers should use the Member Tools at http://members.sonic.net to make changes to their existing account, including connection upgrades. Using the main website would mean a second, new account, not what you want.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by mfield » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:55 am
Dane,

Is there any ETA for Sonic Fiber in the Cambrian area of San Jose (zip 95124)?

Thanks!
by dane » Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:09 pm
mfield wrote:Dane,

Is there any ETA for Sonic Fiber in the Cambrian area of San Jose (zip 95124)?

Thanks!
We aren't about to provide build estimates for our own fiber in specific locations until we get very close to completion. There are a lot of factors that can affect the scope and reach of our builds such as pole safety and quality, city permitting processes, geography, resource availability, etc. We're building as fast as we can to as many locations as possible!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by mfield » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:05 pm
Got it - thanks. So at least we know it's not right around the corner... Learning from friends in the San Mateo area, I think we'll know when fiber is coming soon when we see the trucks in the neighborhood.
by cakewalk » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:17 pm
Any word on fiber in Santa Clara?
6 posts Page 1 of 1