INCREDIBLY inconsistent Gigabit Fiber speed from Sonic.com (50 Mbps - 800 Mbps)

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by delawarethunderstorm » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:46 pm
Getting service in Berkeley, CA.
I've tried everything, different computers, (Including a fresh, out-of-the-box NEW computer) all drivers updated, ethernet CAT 8 cable plugged directly into the ONT fiber modem, mobile devices, resetting the wifi router, resetting the ONT, and more.
STILL, for paying for "gigabit fiber" I regularly get speeds between 62 Mbps, and 750 Mbps, at seemingly random intervals.
I am a little frustrated at this point. and convinced it the problem is not on my end.
It feels like Sonic is throttling my internet speed.
Any legitimate advice appreciated.
Thanks.
DS
by jerrielm » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:58 pm
delawarethunderstorm wrote:Getting service in Berkeley, CA.
I've tried everything, different computers, (Including a fresh, out-of-the-box NEW computer) all drivers updated, ethernet CAT 8 cable plugged directly into the ONT fiber modem, mobile devices, resetting the wifi router, resetting the ONT, and more.
STILL, for paying for "gigabit fiber" I regularly get speeds between 62 Mbps, and 750 Mbps, at seemingly random intervals.
I am a little frustrated at this point. and convinced it the problem is not on my end.
It feels like Sonic is throttling my internet speed.
Any legitimate advice appreciated.
Thanks.
DS

Hello!

I can see that you called in and got help from our Support Team! Thats great! I see we have a dispatch set up for you as well. If you have any other problems please feel free to reach back out!

S/F
-Jerriel M
by delawarethunderstorm » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:42 pm
Yeah, I got a problem.
I am losing money every day, and my business suffers, (most of it involves zoom and streaming meetings), and now, I am told that it will be TWO WEEKS before anything can be done about it.

Not cool, Sonic. Not cool.
3 posts Page 1 of 1