WiFi intermittent

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by benbiroschak » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:33 pm
Hello,
I have the AT&T gig fiber service through Sonic and today the wifi has been on and off every few minutes. I use the provided AT&T BGW320 modem. I have unplugged and reset the modem, wifi works for a few minutes and then cuts out again. The status light on the modem is steady white. I called Sonic and the service rep said since it is steady white that it is connected and there is nothing else to do! He created a ticket with AT&T to investigate the issue.
I have no idea about when that will happen and I need reliable wifi for work now.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue.
by charles2 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:29 pm
When you say your wifi goes off, do you mean wireless from the router to a wifi device?

A separate issue is your connection to the Internet. Presumably there is an Ethernet cable out of your router (separate from the Ethernet cable into the router), typically to a computer. If the computer gets to the Internet, your Internet service is working.
by brandonc » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:59 pm
Hey Ben,

I'm sorry to hear that your internet connection has been dropping out! If the LED is solid white, then that would indicate that the connection is up and running.

If it's possible, I would follow what charles said above and connect via an Ethernet cable, then test the connection again. If not, then at least be sure that it's not isolated to just one device and try testing the WiFi connection on a different device.

If it seems to just not work at all, then as a last ditch effort, try factory resetting the modem, then test it again. However, be warned that any custom settings you've made inside the modem will be reverted back to default.

I see that AT&T is scheduled to be out there tomorrow between 10am-2pm, so they should be able to fix the issue or swap the modem if all else fails.

Kind regards,
Brandon C.
Community and Escalations
Sonic
3 posts Page 1 of 1