Fiber installation schedule

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
1 post Page 1 of 1
by bruharris » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:42 pm
One of my frustrations with Sonic is the black hole of non-information. I'm currently in the city of Hercules, and have FTTN via AT&T's system. I'm getting about 21 Mbps sppeds, which is below the Sonic-recommended 25 Mbps to cut the cord and cancel Xfinity.

So I'd like to have some idea of if/when something will happen that will allow higher speeds to my location. Is Sonic planning on laying its own fiber? If not, are they going to offer a fiber service through AT&T if/when AT&T ever lays fiber here? If so, when? And at what price?

And if not that, is there any plans to upgrade the system short of laying fiber to increase the speed?

It would be very helpful if Sonic could provide some kind of a schedule, at least as far out as they can presently see. Like, 'Here's the scheduled upgrades for the next six months; check back monthly to see the changes."

Sonic has excellent customer service, except in this area. I have absolutely zero info on what the future holds for Sonic.
1 post Page 1 of 1