Possible to purchase Eero instead of renting?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by jimyeh27 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:53 am
I’m currently renting a couple of Eero’s with my plan and was wondering if it’s possible to purchase them outright from Sonic instead of continuing to rent them? I’d rather not have to go through buying them from an online store and have to redo my WiFi setup.
by ngufra » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:12 pm
I do not know whether sonic will let you buy them.
However, you should be able to save the settings and when you have another set of eeros, load the saved settings.
by briancw » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:17 pm
Hi jimyeh2,

Ngfura is correct about the settings being able to be moved between Eeros, the reason that matters is that we unfortunately do not sell them to own. They can be purchased however from Amazon.com or Eero.com. It should be noted that Amazon.com appears to be the cheaper of the two options.

A caveat worth mentioning is that once you are using your own Eeros some of Sonic's insight into issues is removed as we lose the diagnostics our rented Eeros provide. Eero still has them but once an issue is identified to be on the Eeros specifically you need to reach out to Eero themselves in that case. They'll have the tools which can assist deeper troubleshooting if things get to that point.

That being said, Eeros are great no matter who you get them from or if you buy or rent them it's just important to know who has the stethoscope if something goes wrong.

In your case jimyeh2, you are on resold AT&T so you will still need to have the AT&T gateway and the ATA(analog telephone adapter) for the service as those are required by AT&T.

One hold up that doesn't apply to jimyeh2 but I will list for posterity. If you are on our direct fiber and are not using any Sonic provided equipment and a dispatch is scheduled. The dispatch is billable if the issue is found to be with 3rd party product so doing due diligence and troubleshooting thoroughly is critical to avoid unnecessary charges.

jimyeh2, if you choose to go with purchasing your own Eeros, just give us a little jingle jangle at 855-394-0100 between 8am and 10pm and we'll get ya sorted.
Brian W
Construction Application Processor
Sonic
3 posts Page 1 of 1