Condo without an ethernet connection

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by norareza » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:50 pm
Hi, I have been using Sonic for 7 years and wanted to upgrade to something faster than the 3.6 megabit upload i am getting. I had technicians from Xfinity come out and look and said there is no active ethernet in my 4 floor unit. Cable cut in closet. Others in building have the cables from the garage going through their closets. I can't find a company to do what they call wall fishing to bring up the cable. Now I am thinking of going with sonic/ AT&T offer for faster DSL service, up to 70 they say. However I have to sign a one year contract with ATT and it is expensive too.

I came across something made by MikroTik called Wireless Wire, I don't know if that would work in my 1300sf apartment, and without ethernet. I really don't know what to do. Thanks to anyone who can help. I am not Tech savvy. Nora
by dane » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:33 am
Because the Sonic IP Broadband (ATT Uverse) service is delivered over phone lines (its DSL in your location), I’d suggest just ordering that via the connections section of http://members.Sonic.net. The installer will either figure it out, or be unable, then you can assess from there.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1