Indoor vs Outdoor splitter

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by muimui110 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:16 am
I purchased the Fusion package for my home in construction, and was curious to know if it is advised to have an outdoor box next to the NID or the the single line splitters that have one end Male and the other end female?

My communication lines are being fitted with the extra Cat 6 and Cat 5 that I have on hand. Im probably planning on splicing the wires to have my ADSL2+ go from my basement to the second floor (cat6) and 2 telephony lines going in a different direction (Cat 5) all connections ending in RJ-12 wallmounts.

I have also heard there are Indoor POTS splitter for ADSL that are similar to the outdoor version minus the box.

Any advice would be wonderful.
by jleake » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:59 am
If you have more than about 6 phones hooked up to the phone line, you should probably consider a MPOE splitter.

Otherwise, it's really a matter of what you prefer for flexibility and convenience. Our modems come with several filters and a splitter-filter included and by moving those around, you can plug in the modem and phones to any working jack in the house. If you need an MPOE splitter, you'll need to purchase that yourself. In that case, you'd have one jack for the modem and the rest would only work with phones.
Juliana L.
Customer Support, Sonic.net, Inc.
2 posts Page 1 of 1