Possible Double-NAT with Adtran 621x

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by hbbrenum » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:46 am
I've noticed since switching over to my sonic fiber that I can't connect to my work's primary VPN, which is known to be particularly finicky about double-NATing. (Our secondary VPN isn't as picky on this, so I'm fine on that count.) Looking at a traceroute to the VPN (or anywhere else for that matter), I see that the first hop after leaving my home network (running on a Ubiquiti stack) is 192.168.1.1 before getting onto Sonic's network, which I'm assuming is the ONT (haven't plugged directly into it to confirm yet). Documentation for my ONT is vanishingly scarce, but it seems like I should be able to switch it to bridge mode so that my second hop goes straight onto Sonic's network? Anyone else experienced this or similar?
by dane » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:11 pm
Solution would be to put the Eero into bridge mode. Here is an article on how to make that configuration change: https://support.eero.com/hc/en-us/artic ... -my-eeros-

This does eliminate some optional Eero features, and they’re a bit FUD in the article. But as far as I can see, their added-cost Eero Secure+ is the only significant capability that you lose the ability to purchase. Perhaps they discourage bridging because they’d like to sell more of that. Who knows.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by dane » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:12 pm
Curious what speeds you are seeing, directly connected on Ethernet, if you have a fast network interface on a laptop or PC. ;)
Dane Jasper
Sonic
3 posts Page 1 of 1