SONIC CUSTOMER SERVICE ROCKS!

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by racerlupine » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:43 pm
Once again I call Sonic with an issue and they deliver. I've been having intermittent dropouts for weeks. Sonic sent a tech out who spliced my interior wiring which fixed the issue for a few days, but it returned. Well I just discovered my Pace 5268AC -- which lives in a dark lonely little comm closet -- in infested with insects! UGH!

So I called Sonic and they're sending me a new modem -- free -- not only that, but I'm getting the SmartRG RS515AC that they are offering now. YIPPEE! I have always hated that Pace unit so this is awesome.

WAY TO GO SONIC.NET!

RACER
by dct » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:14 pm
Thanks so much for the awesome feedback. I'm glad we're getting you a non-infested device.. hopefully you'll encounter fewer bugs? *cue comedic rim shot*
Dan T.
Community & Escalations Manager
707-547-3400
@Sonic
by racerlupine » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:21 pm
The new modem arrived but after installation the original issue was still present. As of 3 days ago it's become worse: the modem won't sync at all. I'm at the point now where I'm going to track the indoor wiring myself. This is a 110 year old building and calling the phone wiring "tangled" Is a massive understatement. I'm on the truck roll plan but I can't imagine what Sonic would want to charge me for running new phone wiring from the box in the basement to my place on the 5th floor. If I can't get this working pretty soon here I'll be forced to close my Sonic account because I have no service.

RACER
by racerlupine » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:32 pm
UPDATE: When I traced the phone wire I found it had been vandalized. Someone literally removed about 18" of twisted pair from my circuit. Most of the phone wiring here is OUTSIDE the walls (the building is that old) so it's not exactly secure. I spliced in some new wire and so far it is solid: 48 down 18 up without dropping (so far) which is more like it.

RACER
by racerlupine » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:52 pm
UP-UPDATE: My log shows the modem is keeping solid sync now, no issues, so my connectiomn really is fixed, woo hoo!

RACER
5 posts Page 1 of 1