Ugh! AT&T just unplugged my Sonic Fusion connection while working in the neighborhood

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by mediahound » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:40 pm
AT&T just unplugged my Sonic Fusion connection while working in the neighborhood. I saw the tech closing up the remote terminal and driving away right after my internet went down.

I did create a ticket with Sonic but is there anything else that can be done to expedite getting my internet back?

Why would AT&T do this?
by brandonc » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:01 pm
Unfortunately, there isn't anything more that I know of to get that fixed. Most likely, the technician was working at the box and accidently bumped/pulled on the connection for your line while working and wasn't aware that he disconnected someone's line.

We will be getting AT&T back out there as soon as we possibly can to get this back up and running for you and keep you updated on the situation!

Kind regards,
Brandon C.
Community and Escalations
Sonic
by mrandmrsfantastic » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:48 pm
mediahound wrote:Why would AT&T do this?
Because the techs are overworked and underpaid by a megacorporation that cares little for any kind of responsibility, even to its own employees. As proven by some of the worst treatment of its own customers, consistently donating to politicians that blame the poor and powerless while inciting hatred and violence against them, and supporting political efforts that undermine the social good in favor of the wealthy few and its own financial dominance and monopolies within the telecom & media market.

The first two years we had Sonic, we had AT&T work disconnect us at least 5 times. Every AT&T tech that showed up to fix it was super polite, helpful, and friendly despite often running late, stressed, and tired.
3 posts Page 1 of 1